Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following documents, compiled as a single pdf file:
- Motivation letter of the applicant incl. description of the education in clinical research planned during the supported period (type of courses and expected degree) and career plan. If applicable, the reasons for requesting an extension of the eligibility window must be explained.
- CV of the applicant (max. 3 pages), incl. previous activities, major scientific achievements and, if applicable, list of publications; all dates must include month and year.
- Project summary (max. 1 page), incl. background, aims, design and methods
- Detailed research plan, elaborated with the mentor (max. 6 pages, with tables and figures but without references, min. font size 10 and min. single line spacing) incl. current state of research, aims, relevance of the proposed research, role of the applicant in the project, detailed methodology, planned experiments, milestones and timetable
- For beginner grants: budget specifying the time reserved for research (in percentage) during the grant period (in months), and the corresponding requested amount. The amount granted to cover research activities depends on the local salary range of the host institution and needs to be clarified by the applicant before the submission of the application.
- For project grants: detailed requested budget in annual instalments (1 installment per project year), incl. all requested and available third-party funds
- Written confirmation from the mentor guaranteeing, for the entire duration of the grant, personal supervision of the grantee, integration into the research activities of the host institution and access to the necessary infrastructure. The amount of financial support offered (consumables, etc.) should also be specified. In addition, the mentor should comment on the project and describe how they intend to support the applicant for her/ his next career steps.
- Written confirmation from the department responsible guaranteeing that the requested research time will be freed up from clinical activities during the entire support period.
- Up to 2 reference letters (optional)
- Copies of all relevant diplomas
- If applicable, copy of ethics committee’s decision and other authorisations
Incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Further questions? Please have a look at our FAQ.